Saturday, November 17, 2007
Room for One More?
Would you want this person to teach your child
Making it look harder than it is
Rescue Team on Stand By
Small child drowning sea creature
And more DWS
Sunday, November 11, 2007
More DWS Pictures
Saturday, November 10, 2007
new F7a on Wonderwall
... taking the front face/ arete of the Obelisk above Aladdins Lamp. Named Border Patrol, in honour of the friendly uniformed Omani chaps who came up to chat with Tom, Marvin and I under the crag one evening a few weeks ago. Apparently they thought we'd got a vehicle stuck in the dune but it puzzled me as to how they felt their AK47s were going to help dig?
The route is quite steep.
Here are a few blurry video stills:
Many thanks to Bernard for helping me equip the route mid-summer and supplying further belaying yesterday.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
First Weekly Meeting of The Al Ain Alpine Club
Location - No Passport Zone
1) Lucie's TRFA of the newly christened Izirak Slab
2) Discussing the importance of a freshly charged battery
3) Marking the locations of the 2 sets of soon to be placed anchors on the short overhanging arete
Agenda for Tuesday's Meeting;
1) Placing the 2 sets of anchors on the short overhanging arete
2) Taking turns dangling on the end of the rope below the overhanging arete
3) Pointing at other likely routes and saying "Hey Bernard, have enough juice in your drill to put some hangers on that?"